Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Who am I and why am I doing this?

Howdy.  I'm nobody special.  Regular dude, mid 30's, married, kids, dog, the whole nine yards.

Used to be a huge reader in high school and college, but as life happens you tend to get busy and habits changed.  Instead of reading, I got into analyzing (and overanalyzing) movies, which lead to television.  I became a huge genre television junkie.  I've always wanted to get back into reading, but I could never "find the time."

Back in my reading days, I was a pretty big Stephen King fan.  I read somewhere around a dozen of his novels and really loved his way of telling a story.  And I read enough to realize that some of them shared tenuous connections and have always wanted to explore in more detail.

If I only had the time.

I was intrigued with the Dark Tower.  I wanted to read it several times but was always intimidated.  Still am, but I'm going to conquer that mountain, as well as every other Stephen King work I can get my hands on.

I've decided it's time to make time.


1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one on this journey. Keep up the reading! Long days and pleasant nights, Hans, a fellow constant reader

    ReplyDelete