Friday, April 4, 2014

Changing things up...

So, one book in to my adventure and I feel I need to have a bit more structure.  Seems appropriate that I use King's first successfully published novel, which was still pretty raw, to go through the raw phase of this blog.

Going forward, with each book, I will do a preview post.  I'm trying to avoid any spoilers about any of the books before I read.  I'm not reading liner notes, book covers or anything.  So, if I happen to know anything about the book, or think I know anything, I'll mention it.  If I don't know anything about the book at all, I may speculate or have a bit of fun with it.

Then, during the read, I'll give my thoughts in process.  I'll react to certain parts, but I'll be painting these posts in broad strokes.  I will probably avoid huge plot recaps during these posts.

Finally, when I'm done with the book, I'll do a review.  It's at that point that I'll do a plot synopsis and try to do a more formal writeup/review of the story.

I may sprinkle in a few surprises along the way but that's enough structure for me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment