Friday, April 15, 2016

Book #4: Rage (1977)

Well, four books in, and I've finally gotten to one that I am not familiar with at all.
Rage.

Well, I'm familiar with its reputation.  I know that, due to the content, King has chosen to let it go permanently out of print.  I don't know exactly why (I've chosen to not find out prior to reading) but I seem to recall it having to do with a school shooting.

So, lets get to it.


Historical Context
Publication Date: September 13, 1977
President: Jimmy Carter

World Series Winner 1977: New York Yankees over the Los Angeles Dodgers
Boston Red Sox Record 1977: 97-64




Cost of a new home: $54,200.00 
Cost of a new car: 
Median Household Income: $13,572.00 
Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.13 
Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $0.62 
Cost of a dozen eggs: $0.82 
Cost of a gallon of Milk: $1.68 
Source
Top #10 songs in the USA
  1. The Emotions - Best Of My Love
  2. Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
  3. KC and the Sunshine Band - Keep It Comin' Love
  4. The Floaters - Float On
  5. Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
  6. James Taylor - Handy Man
  7. The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
  8. Electric Light Orchestra - Telephone Line
  9. The Sanford/Townsend Band - Smoke From A Distant Fire
  10. The London Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars Main Title

$1 in 1977 dollars = $4.06 in 2016 dollars Source

No comments:

Post a Comment